G19 Meeting Request to Participate
- If you plan to attend the 19th GLEON All Hands’ Meeting, please fill out the Request to Participate form by 13 February 2017. --The Request to Participate has now closed.
- 'Budget Your Travel' information will be useful when you are completing Request to Participate.
- This will not be your official registration. The Request to Participate data enables meeting hosts to adjust plans according to the projected number of participants, and it enables GLEON to make funding decisions in support of the meeting. There will be an announcement at a later date for the official registration for the meeting.
Attention: Graduate Students
- If you request some travel support in your Request to Participate, you must complete G19 Student Travel Award (STA) application by 13 February 2017 to be considered in the funding decisions. For the full information package for students attending G19 (what you need to submit, opportunities for you and what's expected of your participation), please visit the G19 Information for Students page. --STA applications have now closed.
- If you have your own travel funding secured to attend G19, then no need to submit the Student Travel Award application.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers for Request to Participate & Registration
Q1: Do I need to be a GLEON member to submit the G19 Request to Participate (RTP) or Registration to attend G19?
A1: No, anyone interested in **attending can submit both forms. GLEON membership is not a requirement for attending GLEON meetings. However, you will be expected to become a member when you decide to join GLEON collaborative efforts (e.g. projects, working groups, experiments) that require all team members involved agree to the GLEON Operating Principles & Procedures. **Also see the answer to Q4 below.
Q2: What's next after I submit G19 RTP?
A2: You may expect to receive a notification via email with G19 travel award decision (with some support or of regrets for no support) at a later date.
- If you are not requesting travel support from GLEON to attend G19, look for a message notifying you when registration opens, then go ahead and book accommodation and complete G19 Registration. Do not book accommodation until notified by GLEON that Registration is open.
- *ATTENTION - STUDENTS*: if you are requesting some travel funding support from GLEON, please complete both G19 Student Travel Award (STA) Application AND G19 RTP by 13 February 2017. See instructions and links on the Information for Students page. --The G19 STA applications and RTP are now closed.
Q3: How will I receive the G19 financial support if I am awarded a G19 travel award?
*A3: The G19 travel award will be issued by one of several institutions with an eligible funding source. Exact payment terms and travel documentation/ reimbursement details will be provided in the award notification letter.
Q4: What if I missed the deadline to submit G19 RTP - can I still register to attend G19?
A4: Yes. You are welcome to register for G19 once registration opens, provided you can say yes to all of the statements below:
- I have secured my own travel funds to cover all G19 related expenses;
- I have obtained visa(s) required to visit the United States;
- I have submitted G19 Registration successfully before any GLEON e-mail announcement on limitation of number of participants (registration is on first-come, first-served basis).